May 8, 2007

Michael Angelo's La Pieta

In alumnimyanmarinstitutesofmedicine@yahoogroups.com,
---Khin Maung Gyi wrote:
Dear Alumni
I wish to join Saya TOKM in his prayers for 'peace' in this world.
Let there be NO WAR,
Let there be NO FEAR
of losing a child in this 'MADNESS'
For moms to go thru' utter 'SADNESS'.

KMG

---Thane Oke Kyaw-Myint wrote:
I have posted the photo of this statue, in honour of the hundreds of mothers who had lost their sons and daughters in armed conflicts, in many countries. I would like my fellow Alumni to join me in my prayers for cessation of the fighting all over the world (Iraq, Timor, Aceh, Sudan, Somalia, Philippines, Southern Thailand, Lebanon, Palestine and many more) so that no mother will ever have to go through the anguish of losing a child in armed conflict. According to the UN Statistical Division, majority of the casualties were non-combatants and civilians and 80% of all casualties were women and children.
With metta
TOKM

No comments: